Thursday, May 24, 2007

My Day

Fresh strawberries on cereal, what a delightful way to start my day! What next? I wrote an e-mail to a friend who not only recently lost her husband but also lost her son. Didn't want to start my day without taking care of that issue.

Her son was on drugs, he neglected his health, and had he lived, he would have needed constant care. She was not well enough to take care of him. Should I say it was a blessing he didn't survive his hospital stay?

She lives in an assisted living home, and after suffering two strokes, all I can say is my heart goes out to her. It was important for me to keep in touch. I didn't want to start my day until I finally wrote to her to show her I am thinking of her. I feel better now, that I did.

Garagedude and I wanted to find our 2700th cache. It's a goal we set for ourselves. Today, we not only made it but we found five more!!! To celebrate we came home and popped open a bottle of wine! SPECIAL WINE? YES, it was our last bottle of Azure Bay wine we bought at the 99 cents store. We laughed as we toasted each other with our cheap wine to celebrate our geocaching finds. Is it an expensive wine written up in Wine Journals, or featured at Wine Festivals? NO, but that 99 cents wine was our way of celebrating in our own style. Pricey or Not! We couldn't have been a more fun day.

We stopped at a cache called Honey, Honey. It was next to a place that sells honey. What a joy to be able to pick up those popsicle sticks and try out each flavored honey, Sage, Orange, Clover, Eucalyptus, Cactus and Wild Flower! I TASTED THEM ALL! We finally chose a jar of clover, the kind I recall I enjoyed at our house as a kid!

While Garagedude was on the phone during our stop at a roadside stand, I picked up a cantaloupe. It was huge, the coloring was good, it gave in to my touch (not hard as rock) and as I brought it up to my nose for the BIG TEST, it had a wonderful cantaloupe aroma, one I couldn't resist. We bought it, so we are now the proud owners of that huge ball of fresh fruit purchased at that roadside stand where we stopped only to make a telephone call so we wouldn't be driving and talking .

It's been a fun day!

P S, I'm tired, now it's time to enjoy my 99 cents wine and take off my shoes and relax.

It's been a great day, sunny successful in our hobby, a day we shared together, couldn't ask for more!!!!

1 comment:

Brian O'Connell said...

Wow, that cantaloupe sounds good. You do not see those in the grocery stores. They are usually rock hard and green.