Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Another Day of Sunshine and Roses

Time to answer my friends e-mail
WHAT CAN I SAY?

You ask, What have you been doing and why haven't you written to me. My reply is, we have been geocaching, I'm sure you guessed that is what we have been up to. Once we got the 2700th cache, we immediately set out to achieve that figure , we did., So far we now have 2,722 caches found.

Let me take you with us as we found eleven caches today. First of all we had to drive about twenty miles to Santa Clarita, Ca.
The caches were all easy. All we had to do was drive from a Target store, to a 7-11, to Mervyns, and seven other equally easy areas. Finding the cache was "kindergarten easy" each hidden under the base of lamp posts!
Just one was difficult, at the TOP of a hill that overlooked the city.
The top, with a floored with multi-colored broken glass glistening in the sun. However, it was just over the top that, we had to go down further to search for the cache. Down a narrow path, where one false move you could tumble down quite a bone breaking distance. Once near ground zero, I gingerly poked around looking for the cache, hoping not to meet a Mr or Mrs rattlesnake. Jack check several brushy areas and came up with a dusty looking cookie tin that held the cache. We tried twice before to find this hidden treasure. This , our third visit was a success, with a sigh of relief for finding it, at last!

As each day is X'd off our calendar, we are getting closer and closer to our upcoming cruise, now it's all a matter of what to take to wear. As for the formal dinners, I think I am OK, but for casual wear, how hot or cold will it be, I'd hate to have to pack too much to take care of the uncertainty..........I have a habit of packing ahead of the time, only to unpack and then pack again, pack and unpack, pack again, until I'm either tired of it or certain that "will just have to do".

Not only are we going on a cruise but may take a trip to Colorado at the end of July, to attend a 90th birthday party for my Uncle Carl's widow, Aunt Ruth. Ironically, Aunt Ruth's 90th birthday is on Jack's 80th birthday! The party will take place in Sterne Park in Littleton. My brother's Kenneth and Loren and their wives will attend, so hopefully, we will be able to also! Only time will tell!

The sun is shining, and what started out to be a gloomy day has become a gorgeous day. As I type this, I can look out of our den window and see the rose bush I created by stuffing a piece of a rose bush into a flower pot. I had unsuccessfully tried to grow a rose like that before but this attempt is a 100% magical feat. The rose is a White Delight, a soft white with a pink tinge and a slight hint of green on one petal, very delicate and absolutely gorgeous, all just from sticking a twig in a flower pot! I feel blessed with this successful attempt.
I feel happy to see the sun shining and our rose bush filled with buds, that promise more roses! I wonder if I should plant another twig but then would I be twice as happy? I think not!
I just want you to know that I am happy that I am your friend.

This concludes my letter

No comments: