Friday, May 25, 2007

Things today are just DUCKY!


After a visit to a lab, after fasting. I went for bloodwork, before my next Dr's visit. Jack (Garagedude) and I headed for a Coco's restaurant to enjoy a strawberry waffle topped with whipped cream! Am I making you drool? Are you counting your pennies to see if you have enough to go there, too?
It was a treat BUT THAT'S NOT ALL. As we walked toward the entrance to the restaurant, there in front of our eyes were two ducks, a male and a female! What a surprise! It made us curious. Where did they come from in the middle of a busy commercial district! I would never say our breakfast was for the birds, but it was a breakfast that quacked us up!

That is the start of another pretty day. We have a ratty looking table that is cracked due to being out in the weather, it was stained due to a new roof that was not properly sealed against rain, so it was water stained.
For months, I have searched for another table like it, with no success.
I've tried Sears, Target, Big Lots and others! I' was exhausted from trying to find one on the internet. I learned that if I spent $1500 to buy a lot of them, I could get FREE shipping, but who needs fifty tables?
Imagine my delight to find a similar table at Linens and Things!
My search has ended and the ratty table will be great for
painting small items and other messy chores, where condition is not a factor. The new table will be useful in our patio, for holding coffee pots and pitchers of lemonade and other useful purposes.

That's not an exciting happening for you, but for me, THE MONTHS OF
SEARCHING AND AGONIZING OVER A SILLY TABLE IS OVER
AND I'M HAPPY! Happy as a lark, happy over a $19.95 table!

Question: Can YOU be happy for only $19.95! I'd love to hear your story!

No comments: